Take part in research

Person Typing On Laptop Keyboard

We need people affected by Crohn’s and Colitis to take part in research!

Person Typing On Laptop Keyboard
Last reviewed April 2022

This could mean taking part in a drug trial or giving a blood sample, completing a questionnaire, or even taking part in a focus group. Involving people with Crohn’s and Colitis at every stage of a study makes for better research, better results, and increased likelihood of improving lives and finding a cure.

We are here to support you to take part in a wide range of high-quality research studies from universities, NHS Trusts, and other accredited research institutions. All studies below have UK ethical approval and help us work towards achieving our research strategy. 

There are more opportunities to take part in research through IBD Clinical Trials and the UK Clinical Trials Gateway. If you are interested in taking part in a clinical trial, we suggest you discuss this with your Healthcare Professional before signing up.

Don’t forget you can join our Research Community or follow us on twitter, to receive all the latest opportunities. Together we can make a difference!

If you're a researcher looking for support with recruiting people with Crohn's and Colitis into your study, please click here for more information.


This page has been saved in your personal space. Go to “My Page” to view all saved pages.

Helpline service


We know it can be difficult to live with, or support someone living with these conditions. But you’re not alone. We provide up-to-date, evidence-based information and can support you to live well with Crohn’s or Colitis.

Our helpline team can provide information on a range of subjects including:

  • Managing Symptoms
  • Disability benefits
  • Medication
  • Diet
  • Test and diagnosis
  • Wellbeing
  • Employment
  • Help to find support from others living with the condition

Please contact us via telephone, email or LiveChat - 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (except English bank holidays).

If you need specific medical advice about your condition, your GP or IBD team will be best placed to help.