Let’s not go back to normal as we come out of the pandemic. For too many, normal is having Crohn’s or Colitis overwhelm so many aspects of their life, that they’re just getting by. Let’s create a better society for people with Crohn’s and Colitis to thrive, not just survive. Will you help us?
The first step is an urgent need for better care for everyone affected by Crohn’s or Colitis.
Working with 17 organisations as part of IBD UK, our new report looks at the experiences of over 10,000 people with Crohn’s and Colitis and 72% of IBD services across the UK.
It reveals that care urgently needs to be improved. In particular:
- Adults and Children are waiting too long for a diagnosis of Crohn’s or Colitis
- The wider symptoms of Crohn’s and Colitis, such as pain, fatigue and emotional wellbeing are often not addressed
- People are not getting specialist advice and treatment quickly enough
- There are not enough specialists, including IBD nurse specialists, dietitians and psychologists and care is often not joined up
Get involved to help us improve care and make Crohn’s and Colitis visible.
- Tell your politician why care needs to improve now through our simple campaign action
- Read your local service report and ask your IBD team what they are doing with the findings
- Ask your IBD team about ways to get involved in improving your care – you might find our toolkit helpful with this
- Fundraise to support our work to improve services and care