We offer two kinds of grants to people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in need of financial support:
- Personal Grants of up to £500 (£200 for clothing and bedding)
- Educational and Vocational Grants of up to £800
To qualify, you must have been resident in the UK for six months or more, be on a low income and have a need arising from your IBD.
Thank you for my grant. Your help has brightened my days and helped make my life easier.
Personal Grants of up to £500 (£200 for clothing and bedding) are available to people with Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis for an item or need arising as a consequence of having the conditions.
This could be, for example:
- a washing machine or dryer
- a refrigerator
- new clothing due to weight loss/gain
- you may be eligible for an Educational and Vocational Grant
You can only apply for one grant every five years (unless there are exceptional circumstances).
You could qualify for an Educational and Vocational Grant to help you cover your education or training costs.
These are payments of up to £800 that you can use for specific needs that arise as a consequence of having IBD.
The money can be used to cover costs such as:
- Books and/or other course material/equipment
- Tuition fees
- Additional costs of university/college en-suite
- Retraining courses
You have to be on a low income to be eligible. Within a five year period you can only apply for one grant; either a Personal Grant or an Educational and Vocational Grant. (unless there are exceptional circumstances).
It’s easy to apply: Just download and read the guidance notes below, then fill in the relevant application form:
You have a choice of how you would like to complete the form. The PDF version has to be printed and completed by hand and the Word version can be completed on line before being printed.
Please note that both versions of the form once completed should be sent to:
Support Grants Assistant
PO Box 334
St Albans AL1 2WA
Alternatively, you can email your application to email@example.com.
For any queries please call Julia Devereux (Support Grants Assistant) on 0800 011 4701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out more by calling the Crohn's and Colitis UK Information Service on 0300 222 5700.
- Personal Grant - guidance notes (pdf)
- Personal Grant - application form (doc)
- Personal Grant - application form (pdf)
Educational and Vocational Grant
- Educational and Vocational Grant - guidance notes (pdf)
- Educational and Vocational Grant - application form (doc)
- Educational and Vocational Grant - application form (pdf)
All information supplied by you will be treated by Crohn's and Colitis UK in confidence.
See below for the date of the next meeting and the deadline for applications.
|Monday 26 February||Monday 12 March|