With appropriate support from healthcare professionals, teachers and employers, people with Crohn`s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis can be successful in education and work. However, managing Crohn's and Colitis in school, college and at work can sometimes be a challenge.
With the prevalence of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) on the rise, we are going to see increasing numbers of people living with IBD, meaning educators and businesses alike must act now to understand and better support people with IBD.
Crohn's and Colitis UK work collaboratively to effect change. We work with educators, employers and businesses to improve their understanding of IBD and are part of a range of charity coalitions, including:
- Disability Benefits Consortium
- Health Conditions in Schools Alliance
- Health and Social Care Alliance (Scotland)
- Long Term Conditions Alliance Northern Ireland
- National Voices
- Prescription Charges Coalition
How can you help?
- If you are a parent read IBD in Children: a parent's guide
- You or your parent or guardian can give your school a copy of Children and Young People with IBD: a guide for schools
- Give your college or university a copy of Students with IBD: a guide for universities and colleges
- Give your employer a copy of Employment and IBD: - a guide for employers
- Get in touch... see our Patient Involvement section