Benefits of payroll giving for you
Payroll Giving is a way of donating through your salary pre-tax. You can choose to donate any amount and can change or cancel at any time by contacting your payroll department. Donations cost at least 20% less because the donation is taken from your salary before tax.
A £10 donation to us only costs you:
- £8 at basic rate tax (20%)
- £6 at higher rate tax (40%)
- £5.50 at the 45% rate
Payroll giving is quick and simple to set up – click here to fill out one simple form, then we’ll help your employer set up your gift.
Benefits of payroll giving for employers
Payroll Giving has some great benefits of employers, plus it is quick and easy to set up!
- Payroll Giving enhances your business’s charitable giving and Corporate Social Responsibility
- It can boost morale amongst your employees
- It is low cost to set up and admin is minimal
- Opens up the opportunity to win a National Payroll Giving Excellence Award
- Offers the chance to gain recognition of your payroll giving scheme with a Quality Mark and stand out from your peers.
How do I get started?
You’ll need to register with a Payroll Giving Agency (PGA). You can find a HMRC approved PGA on their website. When you take the deductions from your employees’ salaries you will need to pass it on to a PGA who then transfers the donations to your employees’ chosen charity.
Promoting payroll giving
- If you need help with promoting your scheme you can use a Payroll Fundraising Organisation (PFO). If you need help finding a PFO please email email@example.com
- Offer to match your employees donations
- Offer incentives for those signing up
- Get senior members of staff signed up and set an example
For more information about setting up payroll giving, please see the HMRC website.
Interested in giving Shares?
If you have shares which are uneconomic to sell, you may wish to consider donating them to ShareGift, the share donation charity.
ShareGift is an independent UK registered charity (No. 1052686) which specialises in releasing the money locked up in small shareholdings, but which can accept donations of any size. ShareGift works by collecting together small lots of shares until there are enough to sell and then donating the resulting proceeds to a wide range of charities. To date ShareGift has donated over £35million to almost 3,000 charities. ShareGift make their grants based upon suggestions from donors. You can help support Crohn’s & Colitis UK by donating any small shareholdings you may have to ShareGift, and mentioning that you support us. ShareGift has already made grants of £9,000 to Crohn’s & Colitis UK.
For more information on ShareGift go to www.sharegift.org
If you have any questions or need help, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org