Every last penny will help to make a difference.
Capturing every last penny
Gift Aid increases the value of individual donations and sponsorship by 25p for every £1 donated at no extra cost to the donor. A donation of £10 becomes £12.50.
There are some conditions:
- The donation must be made by an individual
- The donation must be made from personal money
- The donation must not be from a fundraising event, e.g. a cake sale
- The donor must give their home address
- The donor must tick the Gift Aid box on online or paper sponsor forms or complete a Gift Aid form
- The donor is responsible for making up any difference if they pay less income tax/capital gains tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all their donations in that tax year
- Some employees match all or part of the funds raised by their staff or some prefer to donate in other ways (e.g. prizes)
- Read our tips on approaching organisations
- Record money raised and spent and keep hold of all receipts and invoices
- Will you need a float?
On the day
- How will you keep the money you have raised safe?
- Do your helpers know what to do?
Afterwards: sending it in
Your fundraising can be sent to us:
- by cheque, payable to 'Crohn’s & Colitis UK' to
Crohn's & Colitis UK
1 Bishops Square
Please do not send cash in the post.
- by bank transfer to our Lloyds Bank account
Sort code: 30-97-25
Account number: 00892491
Reference: your membership number or the reference number on your sponsor form or letter from us. Or, your name.
Please call us on 01727 734485 or email us to tell us the date and amount of the bank payment, and what it is for - so that we can look out for it.
- by telephone
Make a debit or credit card payment over the phone to the Fundraising Team on 01727 734485.