Take part in the Ultimate ‘VIRTUAL TEAM’ Triathlon Challenge!
Derek McEwan, Major Supporter and Trustee of Crohn’s and Colitis UK, recently undertook this phenomenal challenge with friend and Ambassador of Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity, Barry Cook. After raising over £55,000, they put their creative minds together and realised that anyone could do this with the right support, equipment and team behind them. The ‘Virtual’ Arch to Arc was born...
Run 87 miles, row 29 miles & cycle 181 miles your way and help us in our fight against Inflammatory Bowel Disease!
How it works
The challenge is flexible, exciting and different from anything else out there. It could be great for those competitive amongst you, but equally it’s easy to make your own and you will be able to incorporate the journeys you need to make into your everyday life. It’s all about the miles – how will you clock them?
The aim is to complete the length of the journey from the Arch to Arc as a team and raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- Run from the distance from Marble Arch to Dover
- Row or swim the distance of the English Channel
- Cycle the distance from Calais to the Arc De Triomphe
Implementing the Arch 2 Arc Challenge in the Workplace
- The Arch 2 Arc challenge can be completed in groups or as an individual
- Each individual corporate supporter can implement their own internal competition between the groups taking part
- The challenge can be completed over any timescale and there are no time restrictions set, unless implemented by the corporate supporter themselves (such as the suggestion of a six day challenge)
- If you have a gym on site or close by, it can take place there on a treadmill, rowing machine and bike
- Crohn’s and Colitis UK will provide fundraising materials for all corporate supporters, such as posters, balloons, stickers, buckets and technical t shirts.
I really enjoyed the challenge of Arch 2 Arc. I always like to push myself and this really took me out of my comfort zone and to do this whilst supporting a great charity was such a good feeling
Download our Arch 2 Arc Challenge Information Pack (pdf) to find out some examples of how companies have completed the challenge and get in touch for further information please email us or call 01727 734 489.
Watch Derek and Barry's Arch 2 Arc Challenge video:
- Find out more about the Arch 2 Arc Challenge.